Click the link below to view Intergrain’s varieties in the 2014 GRDC National Variety Trials.
InterGrain is a leading Australian crop breeding company with highly successful wheat and barley breeding programs that target the major cereal growing areas of Australia. InterGrain varieties occupy a significant proportion of the area sown to cereals in Australia and have been bred by InterGrain’s strong team of experienced cereal breeders.
Our vision is to be the most successful commercial field crop breeding company in Australia by delivering what the market requires and using strategic alliances to sustain the company’s long-term future. InterGrain’s shareholders are the WA State Government, GRDC and Monsanto. InterGrain employs 35 + staff and has offices in Perth, Wongan Hills and Horsham.
‘New wave, early maturing, superior yielding imidazolinone tolerant barley, agronomically similar to La Trobe’
Undergoing Malt Accreditation.
- – High yielding, early maturing, imidazoline tolerant barley
- – Good straw strength, lodging resistance and head retention over Scope CL, similar plant architecture to La Trobe.
- – Robust disease resistance including good powdery mildew and net from of net blotch resistance.
- Click here for the Spartacus CL factsheet
- – An accredited malting barley.
- – Highest yielding, broadly adapted, early maturing malting barley.
- – Good straw strength and lodging resistance.
- – Good leaf disease resistant and lodging resistance.
- – Superior quality export malting variety.
- – Excellent test weights which exceeded Gairdner and Commander.
- – High Level of pre-harvest sprouting tolerance.
- – Good head retention.
- – Cereal Cyst Nematode (CCN) resistant.
- Click here for the La Trobe Eastern Australia factsheet
- Click here for the La Trobe Western Australia factsheet